This is the home page of the Audio Resources site for Macclesfield Christadelphian Church
- To return to the "Home" page of the main Macclesfield Christadelphians website, click on the entry in the left hand menu panel.
The currently available Audio Resources fall into the following three categories of recorded talks:
Not all talks are successfully recorded so the talks available will just be a selection of the presentations given at our meeting room over the course of a year. When fully loaded there should be one year's selection of Exhortations and Bible talks each divided up over four quarters. The selection will be offered on a "rolling" year basis with recent recordings replacing those of a year ago.
- Exhortations - these are talks intended primarily for church members and largely deal with issues of practical christian living. They form part of our communion service leading up to the sharing of bread and wine in memory of Christ's death and resurrection. The talks typically last from 25 to 35 minutes.
- Bible Talks - these form the main content of our Bible Hour services and are intended for anyone with an interest in, or curiosity about, the Bible. They cover a wide variety of topics related to getting to understand the Bible better. They typically last from 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bible Study Talks - These are recordings made at "one off" Bible study sessions focussing on a particular part or aspect of the Bible. They typically span 2 or more sessions of 40 to 50 minutes.
- To select a set of resources of a particular type and period, click on the corresponding entry in the orange menu bar (top or bottom).
- Streaming the recorded talks works best with:
- Default browser - Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- Default media player - Windows Media Player
- Other options may result in the audio file being downloaded to your pc rather than being streamed; though the downloaded file can still be played by opening it with your choice of media player.
- To stop a talk part way through, first click on the "Stop" button (or control button with a solid square as its symbol) in the Media Player window, then close the Media Player window. Failing to do this may leave the streaming operation running on the server which can cause problems if you try to open another talk.